Monday, February 27, 2012

Finished Dashing Through the Snow

Now, before you start accusing me of reading at lightning speed (as a friend has done), let me explain that this (like the other Christmas books by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark) is fast light reading.  This one started slowly, but stay with it.  The tension these two are known for began to build pretty quickly at the 1/3 of the way through the book mark and ended with a great climax.  If you love these characters (especially Alvirah and Willie) as much as I do, the enchantment with them alone will get you through the first third.  Light, fast, Christmas reading for the "thriller" enthusiast and a lot of fun.

I have now started 2001 A Space Odyssey at the behest of TR.  Back when it first came out, I saw the movie and was kind of left cold--I did not like it.  Now, as I see that this book was written by Arthur C. Clarke based on the movie script written by him and Stanley Kubrick, I am fairly sure I will hate it.  But, TR wants me to try, so I will.  I have read books based on movies that were not exactly like the movie, so...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment