Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finished Dead in the Family

After the fairy wars, most of the fairies are sealed away into their own dimension, but a few remain and not all are friendly.  Bill Compton is very badly injured and unable to heal.  Claudine, Sookie's cousin, is dead as is Tray, her girlfriend's boyfriend.  Erik and Sookie have some work to do on their relationship since he did not come to her rescue.  Add to this the visit of Erik's maker and an insane younger "brother" and a murder in the local werewolf pack in which the body turns up buried on Sookie's land.  Oh, and don't forget the conservative political movement demanding that werewolves and other "two-natured" register their addresses with the government just because they are different, and you have a pretty eventful 326 pages!  As usual, I loved it, though it wasn't as great as some of Charlaine Harris' books...but it is up there.

I've now started reading Dashing Through the Snow by Mary and Carol Higgins Clark.  I love the books they did together because they use five of my favorite characters all working together.  I know, it is a Christmas book.  But, I love Christmas.  I can read Christmas books (and listen to Christmas music) all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment