Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Started Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

I finished La's Orchestra Saves the World  by Alexander McCall Smith.  What to say about it?  Slow moving, but all of his novels are.  They read like a bit of a vacation.  I don't seem to mind reading about characters who seem to have no money problems...  Overall, it made me think, reminisce, feel a bit sad and wistful.  If the measure of a piece of art, be it book, play, painting, or whatever, is to make you do any of those things, then it was successful.

Dead in the Family is the tenth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (TrueBlood on HBO.)  I've read the others, of course, and highly recommend them for supernatural adventure and romance.  By that I include vampires, werewolves (and other were animals), etc....  I love these books and have been looking forward to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment